Advanced Asphalt Paving
Operate a wide variety of heavy equipment vehicles that perform the spreading and compaction of paving materials.
Students in Advanced Asphalt Paving are trained in the following subject areas:
- Heavy equipment operation
- Routine equipment inspections
- Preventative maintenance on equipment
- Records maintenance
- Moving and positioning raw materials and finished components
- Standard operating procedures
- Effective communication
Before entering the program, students must:
- Complete Job Corps’ basic Heavy Equipment Operator or Asphalt Paving career technical training program.
- Complete the core curriculum with passing scores on all written and performance tests.
- Meet basic academic requirements in math and reading.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Have a valid driver’s license or no barriers to receiving a license while enrolled.
- Meet strenuous physical requirements.
- Complete a successful phone, in-person, or videoconference interview.
As a Job Corps student, you will have the opportunity to earn credentials in your training area that may lead to greater employment opportunities, higher wages, and promotions.
While on the job, you will be expected to display the following traits at all times:
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to safety
- Communication skills
Advanced Asphalt Paving Numbers to Know
National average earning potential for this career
Completion times vary by training area. Check with your admissions advisor.
Centers offering training in this program