Twelve centers have been awarded the first round Demand-side Management Awards, which are a part of Job Corps' Earth Day Every Day (EDED) initiatives. Congratulations to the winners! They are:
- Boston Region – Ramey and Iroquois Job Corps
- Philadelphia Region – Woodland and Keystone Job Corps
- Atlanta Region – Finch Henry (Batesville) and Gadsden Job Corps
- Dallas Region – North Texas and Tulsa Job Corps
- Chicago Region – Dayton and Denison Job Corps
- San Francisco Region – Alaska and Sacramento Job Corps
The next EDED award deadline is January 31. Please remember to deliver submissions for the Center Recognition Award to your Regional Office by this date. For more information about this particular award, please refer to Information Notice 08-48.
In other Earth Day Every Day-related news, please be on the lookout soon for the release of an EDED programming guide. This guide will provide an activity schedule for the entire EDED Week (April 12-22). Stay tuned for more information regarding this guide and other exciting EDED plans.